Thursday 21 September 2017

Why is the Customer Always Right?


The customer is always right is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard. In consulting, it is career suicide. Your role as a consultant is to provide innovative solutions and perspective. If I agreed with everything that a client said, I would have failed miserably years ago. Never tell your customers what they want to hear, be honest and tell them what they need to hear.
Sharing your opinion, especially as a consultant, is how you improve and increase business. Don't come in guns a blazing and start imposing your views on everyone. You must first listen to the team and see what they think. Employees are the heartbeat of a company and have a front-row seat on what is required. Once you have listened and done your research, you can now put together a Business plan.
I have 2 pieces of advice. The first one is don't pretend to know everything because this will backfire. The second is always be yourself because everyone else is taken.
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Check out my Website for more information



No comments:

Post a Comment